I write these words of reflection on the status of women inspired by an unfortunate incident that I happened a few days ago.
leaving a parking space I have barely touched the bike that was parked in front of my car. Indeed, it would be better to say that was parked on my machine, so as to make me suspect that the friendly owner has put her on purpose that way. But first things first. I'm going to take my car back home, I climb, I close the door and as soon as I turn the engine I see the owner of the bike comes out of his store followed, with expression with incarognita already, my move to exit the parking lot. I think I am a conservative female drivers but they are emotional and when I feel that I acted and observed ends do some nonsense. Here, in fact, that the old bike light touch of this man. The Lord was angry as if I had split in two, he began to shout at me against insults of various kinds and even accuses me of having broken (?) The bike. A seemingly insignificant event as it happens a lot every day. But driving home, with anger on him to be walked into a guy so rude, I wondered: "If there had been a man in my place, what would have reacted the same way?". Maybe. Maybe he could give vent to his baser instincts turning a nice brawl. Or maybe the sight of a man, would react in a more polite, even saying simply: "I look slightly bumped the bike!"
Hence, in view of the celebration of women, I have asked thousands of questions the meaning of this feast. For example: what exactly we are celebrating? The women's pride? Emancipation? Equality between the sexes? Or simply is another good excuse to work the flower?
The female pride do not know if it exists. Or rather, exists in many women who daily fight against injustice, the sopprusi, stalking, violence. Some of them carry on silent battles without even realizing it. But it does not exist in those women completely subservient to the will of man (your father / brother / husband / son) and unfortunately there are so many women, not only adults but also young people.
emancipation in Italy the word changes meaning depending on the occurrences. They liberated the little women who enter politics with dubious means, as is the emancipated middle-aged housewives who decide one night to go out with her friends instead of the husband the same way as a woman who has managed to build an independent life, independent and free.
Equality between the sexes ... even that it exists in Italy. Know how many stories of women who were rejected by companies because, in fact, women? The woman is wearing a lot of trouble for a company: you must marry and then, worse still, to have children and therefore will not work for a long, long time. The woman, for a company, it is not productive, unless it is perennially single.
Equality between the sexes ... even that it exists in Italy. Know how many stories of women who were rejected by companies because, in fact, women? The woman is wearing a lot of trouble for a company: you must marry and then, worse still, to have children and therefore will not work for a long, long time. The woman, for a company, it is not productive, unless it is perennially single.
What does it mean, then, International Women's Day in a country where the percentage of women in positions of power is the lowest in Europe? What if we have much to celebrate we are attacked just because we missed a parking lot? What we have to celebrate if the woman is still synonymous with the word "pain" and "damage"? What are we celebrating when we continually before his eyes half-naked pictures of girls who forget to have a brain and make their way using only the body? What are we celebrating when the majority of men, just like 100 years ago, is convinced that we are inferior to them, despite all our hard battles?
0 comments:
Post a Comment