Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Beyond The Green Door Streaming

tell me the architecture?

A ome weeks ago I met a friend with her son for four years.

After being seated at a table in the bar a little little man, point blank, he asked.

-What is your name? -

-Salvatore .- I said.

-What do you do? - Has urged him without even taking breath.

-I'm an architect! - I have replied I, and perhaps even a little annoyed.

After a bit 'of silence and several concerns on his part, and after some talk of a successful exchange between me and his father, the child at some point the questioning resumed.

-What does the architect? - Thundered sure my interrogator.

-L '... Faaa architect -

-And now as I will explain? - I wondered to myself, so insecure and also scared.

-L 'architect is the architecture! - I had blatantly improvised.

I felt cornered, pissed and especially unprepared to respond to such a young child. The father, in fact, has noticed my difficulty and tried in every way to distract the baby making it play on his coffee table with the fire service.

-Ahhh ... the attitettura! - He then repeated the curious child, unable to say exactly the word.

Ar-rrr ... ... architecture .- the father explained.

-With the "r", you know? - Explained further.

Since then, the child seemed to have made peace, had been silenced and made to crawl on the table, the toy car back and forth.

but I could see in his eyes, the absolute response to my dissatisfaction.

In fact, after a few seconds, while her father tried to talk a bit ', he, the little, he asked again, this time with great tenderness and kindness, yet another explanation to her childhood questions.

-Tell me about the architecture? -

Oh, my lady! I thought in silence.

-E as he is coming question? - I was marveling at his father replied, shrugging his shoulders that made me understand they do not know what to say.

It 's really cute this baby! Now what's the story? It's not a fairy tale this is! Confirmed in me.

That request unlikely and impossible that I had frugoletto of four years. And the father looked at me waiting as if to say-And now that you say? -.

I had put in serious difficulty, and did not know really what to replicate.

-You play with building blocks? - It was my brilliant and instinctive demand against svelatrice the response that I had to.

Yes, yes .- he replied.

-Lo, then yes, you see ... - took time.

-When you play with the buildings in front of you a basket with all the pieces, right? -

Yes, yes .- he replied in a tone of impatience.

-Well, all those pieces you have to pull something out a form that serves to something, a house, a car, anything .-

-Hmmm, hmmm! - he nodded.

-Well, when you think of what to build and then you do your giving form to that idea, putting together all the pieces of your development, here, then you are doing architecture. Got it? -

There was a moment of silence, then broke suddenly with an exclamation.

-Dad, Dad?! - Called excited about the baby.

-Tell me, what is it? "- He answered him.

-I'm an architect! - Rejoiced happily.

-It 's true! Are you an architect! - Confirming his father's with great happiness.

But true happiness was mine. My eyes lit up. I was able to explain a little little man, but clever and cute as a lynx, one thing that maybe it was difficult to explain.

And he went away happy, satisfied, satisfied, because from that day he became an architect and knew what it was architecture.

I said architecture. How wonderful!

The wonder came from the fact that talking about architecture, really explain what this discipline is never easy, and then do a small child is even more.

This strange work, who is the architect, intrigued many, but many do not know what it is, how do you, what is real.

Well, for me the architecture, explained to a child, is like a game with the construction!

0 comments:

Post a Comment